Friday, April 6, 2007

GarageGeeks beat me to it! I swear I would have thought about it too! As if…

Playing in the nude. Picture taken from this link.

When I first read about the guitar heronoid, my reaction is one of disgust. I am disgusted at how much time I have spent on the guitar hero games, instead of trying to come up with a robot that can play the game for me. The differences are pretty obvious.

One, if I play guitar hero, then I will just be a person that plays guitar hero. If I beat the game, I will be a celebrity in the comforts of my living room. Now, if I were to build a robot that plays guitar hero for me, imagine the fame and money that would come rolling in! Real fame! Real money! Oh... Just thinking about celebrity makes my head feel light...

Anyways, I admit that the Guitar Heronoid is a pretty cool invention. I mean, just look at the hands. Imagine how many man hours it must have taken to develop the hands. Also, I noticed that the robot played almost flawlessly. Some people may complain about lag and the other imperfections of the humanoid. I say to these people, "Give the robot a break! Even I can't play perfectly!"

No comments: